The problem: The Box tree moth (Cydalima perspectalis) is a devastating pest of box plants (Boxus spp.). Caterpillar feeding on the leaves can result in complete defoliation and die back of the plant. Additionally, the white webbing ‘tents’ created by the caterpillars whilst feeding ruin the aesthetics of these ornamental plants.
The product: Trapping adult moths alerts users to the presence of the pest and determine if further control action is required.
- Pheromones are specific to Box tree moth (Cydalima perspectalis) therefore no beneficial insects or pollinating bees are attracted to the trap
- Does not contain chemical pesticides
How to use: The trap should be used when adult moths are expected to be active (April to October) and setup in an area where susceptible plants are growing.
- Instructions on how to use a box tree moth trap will vary slightly depending on model. This pheromone lure can be used with any box tree moth trap which has a basket for holding pheromone lures in its lid.
- Follow box tree moth trap instructions and place pheromone lure in basket in trap lid.
- The pheromone lure should be replaced every 6 weeks.