The problem: The Raspberry beetle (Byturus tomentosus) is a pest of cane fruit (such as Raspberries, Blackberries, Tayberries and Loganberries). Adult beetles lay eggs on the plant flowers and the larvae burrow into the fruit where they remain hidden until harvest. Ruined fruit due to larvae feeding is mostly a problem on summer fruiting varieties.
The product: Trapping adult beetles alerts users to the presence of the pest and determine if further control action is required.
- Attracts both male and female beetles to increase catch numbers and provide a more accurate monitoring system
- Does not contain chemical pesticides
- Attractant lasts 6 weeks after opening
- Suitable for use in any Raspberry beetle trap with a lure basket in the lid
How to use: Instructions on how to use a Raspberry beetle trap will vary slightly depending on model. This attractant lure can be used with any raspberry beetle trap which has a basket for holding lures in its lid.
- Follow raspberry beetle trap instructions and place attractant lure in basket in trap lid.
- The attractant lure should be replaced every 6 weeks.