The problem: Wasps (e.g. Vespula spp.) are an annoyance for outdoor living. Attracted to food and drink they frequently interrupt meals and other outdoor leisure activities. Social species of within the wasp family (such as Common wasp [Vespula vulgaris], European hornet [Vespa crabro], red wasp [Vespula rufa], tree wasp [Vespula sylvestris], German wasp [Vespula germanica] and the Norwegian wasp [Vespula norvegica]) can also be a pest of honey bees predating on bees or more importantly robbing hives of honey.
The product: Trapping adult wasps alerts users to the presence of the pest and determine if further control action is required. Andermatt Liquid Wasp Attractant is suitable for use in any wasp trap.
- Trapping individual foraging wasps also prevents them sharing information on your location (and that of your food source) with their colony which could have increased the number of wasps attracted to you
- Patented technology to deter bees from traps containing Andermatt Liquid Wasp Attractant
- More environmentally sensitive packaging
- Does not contain chemical pesticides
How to use:
Wasp traps containing Andermatt Liquid Wasp Attractant can be used throughout the year, however wasps are most commonly a pest during August to October.
- Fill wasp trap with the required volume of liquid attractant. This will vary depending on the trap manufacturers instructions.
- Check the trap weekly and remove dead insects.
- If the volume of attractant in the trap decreases because of evaporation, top up with water or fresh attractant.
- Empty and replace the liquid attractant every 2-3 weeks.
Until use, store liquid attractant in dry cool location.