Funnel trap to be used with liquid attractant to catch adult garden chafer beetles. The trap should be hung in areas of sports turf or grassland at risk of chafer beetle damage. This trap catches both male and female beetles giving higher number of catches and more accurate population monitoring. This trapping system allows a user to identify risk to grass from root feeding larvae later that year before direct damage or feeding from larvae hunting predators occurs.
When is best to use?
The problem: Chafer beetles are a devastating pest of turf. Garden chafer (Phyllopertha horticola) are the most common pest species. Root feeding larvae destroy the grass roots preventing healthy growth, making turf unstable under foot and risking secondary damage from predatory birds and badgers tearing up the turf to feed on the grubs.
The product: Trapping adult beetles alerts users to the presence of the pest and determine if further control action is required.
- Attractant attracts both male and female beetles, therefore is a more accurate monitoring system
- Higher number of beetles caught compared to pheromone attractants which only attract female beetles
- Liquid attractant will last through the adult flight period
- Does not contain chemical pesticides
How to use: Traps should be used when adult beetles are expected to be active (mid-May to mid-July).
- Extend the green trap, ensuring the clear plastic funnel remains in the top.
- Slot together the two yellow squares.
- Clip each of the four raised corners of the yellow ‘X’ into the holes around the rim of the green trap.
- Wearing gloves, remove the lid from the bottle of attractant (note bottle will not be full). Replace original lid with filter lid.
- The lure will attract both male and female chafer beetles for up to 100 m.
- The trap can be either fastened to a supporting pole at ground level or 0.5-1.5 m above the ground.
- Check the trap twice weekly.
Note: For future use, new pheromone lures can be purchased to use with existing
|Store||Store in cool dry place out of direct sunlight.|
|Shelf life||Attractant lures should be used within 18 months of purchase. Trap can be used for multiple years. Refill packets containing replacement bottles of attractant are available.|
|Use||When adult beetles are flying (May to July).|
|Important information||Wear gloves when handling bottle of attractant. Remove transport lid of attractant bottle and replace with filter lid. It is normal that the bottle of liquid attractant does not appear full.|
|Active substance and content||Liquid attractant contains synthetic copies of plant extracts.|
|Product size||Packaging size: 14 x 14 x 17 cm|
about the product