Pack of 1 Varrox EDDY oxalic acid vaporiser with 1 delivery arm, 1 battery, 1 battery charger, 2 x metal crucibles, 1 hard shell case and operating instructions. A high-quality unique vaporiser with a convenient built-in power source. This device vaporises oxalic acid dihydrate crystal products to allow effective treatment against varroa mites in the hive. Compact and easy to move from hive to hive. Saves time when treating multiple hives in an apiary.
When is best to use?
The problem: Varroa mite (Varroa destructor) is an increasing problem in UK honey bee hives. Year-round integrated pest management programs are needed to protect hives from this parasite. One proven effective treatment option during low flight periods (winter) is sublimation of oxalic acid dihydrate crystals. When exposed to heat, these crystals evaporate and effectively fumigate the inside of the hive with the oxalic acid which is toxic to the Varroa mite.
The product: A high quality unique vaporiser with a convenient built in power source that is for efficient application of oxalic acid dihydrate crystal products. Especially useful for saving time when treating multiple hives in an apiary.
- Tried and trusted brand
- Durable, unique design for use over multiple years
- One button control makes treatment straightforward
- Built-in Lithium Ion technology provides compact and portable power
- Sophisticated LED light system gives clear instructions when in use
How to use:
Varrox EDDY can be used whenever it is suitable to apply oxalic acid dihydrate.
- Ensure that the battery of the Varrox EDDY is fully charged by connecting it to the charger. A full charge will take approx. 4 hours and will be enough power to treat between 10-15 colonies. The battery LED display tells you how much power is left in the battery.
- Arm the Varrox EDDY by pushing the power button for 3 seconds, the LED light will go green which means the device is ready to treat.
- Add the required volume of oxalic acid dihydrate crystals to the removable crucible and place in the delivery arm of the Varrox EDDY.
- Push the Varrox EDDY into the bottom of the hive through the flight opening to the required depth on the delivery arm.
- Seal the flight opening with cloth, to ensure a high efficacy of treatment ensure all openings in the hive are closed including the open mesh floor and the roof.
- Push the power button to begin the treatment, the treatment should take about 1 minute.
- Remove the device from the hive. Ensure the flight opening remains sealed for a further 10 minutes.
Note: After removing the device from the hive, the removable crucible of the device should be dropped into a bucket of water to cool it before the next use.
|Store||Store the device in the hard-shell protective case and ensure that when it is stored it is clean and dry.|
|Shelf life||The Varrox EDDY battery pack may reduce in capacity with age. To ensure that the battery life is sustained, always charge the battery fully and ensure that the battery is not stored for more than 2 months with anything lower than 75% power.|
|Use||Product can be used year round to apply oxalic acid dihydrate crystal products to the bee hive.|
|Important information||When using the Varrox EDDY, always follow the instructions and wear the correct PPE to ensure safe application of oxalic acid dihydrate products to your hive. Always wear acid resistant gloves, protective eyewear and a protective particle mask of at least|
|Active substance and content||Used to apply oxalic acid dihydrate crystal products|
|Product size||Packaging size: 30 x 20 x 16 cm|
One-button control and portable design makes application easy and quick.
Makes it possible to stand away from the hive and avoid breathing in vapours.
about the product