Pack of 2 wasp traps. Stylish and durable plastic design reusable wasp traps. Easy to use and gives flexibility in positioning as either a hanging or free-standing trap. Can be used with any liquid wasp attractant (not included).
When is best to use?
Wasp traps can be used throughout the year, however wasps are most commonly a pest during August to October.
The problem: Wasps (e.g. Vespula spp.) are an annoyance for outdoor living. Attracted to food and drink they frequently interrupt meals and other outdoor leisure activities. Social species of within the wasp family (such as Common wasp [Vespula vulgaris], European hornet [Vespa crabro], red wasp [Vespula rufa], tree wasp [Vespula sylvestris], German wasp [Vespula germanica] and the Norwegian wasp [Vespula norvegica]) can also be a pest of honey bees predating on bees or more importantly robbing hives of honey.
The product: Trapping adult wasps alerts users to the presence of the pest and determine if further control action is required. Andermatt Liquid Wasp Attractant is suitable for use in any wasp trap.
- Trapping individual foraging wasps also prevents them sharing information on your location (and that of your food source) with their colony which could have increased the number of wasps attracted to you
How to use:
Wasp traps containing Andermatt Liquid Wasp Attractant can be used throughout the year, however wasps are most commonly a pest during August to October.
- Position the black legs depending on whether intended use is either hanging or free-standing. If intended use is hanging clip hanging rope into the holes in the feet.
- Unscrew the lid and add 200 ml of liquid wasp attractant into the trap then replace lid. The Andermatt Wasp Trap can be used with any liquid wasp attractant (Note: Attractant is not supplied with the traps and should be purchased separately).
- Position the trap so that it can be clearly seen, and wasps can enter unobstructed through the funnel entrance in the bottom.
- When hanging, hang the trap 2 – 3 m above the ground.
- When free-standing, position trap 1 – 3 m above the ground.
- Check the trap weekly. Empty and replace the liquid attractant when needed. At the end of the season, dispose of any contents, rinse and store the trap away from light and frost for future use.
|Store||Store in cool dry place, out of direct sunlight.|
|Shelf life||Not applicable.|
|Use||Use with a liquid wasp attractant. Product can be used year round, however wasps are most commonly a pest during August to October.|
|Important information||Not applicable.|
|Active substance and content||Not applicable.|
about the product