Refill pheromone lure for use in any box tree moth trap with a pheromone basket in the lid (recommended for use with Andermatt Home & Garden Box tree moth trap). This lure lasts 6 weeks from opening. This pheromone attracts adult box tree moths (Cydalima perspectalis) to a funnel trap. Use of Box tree moth traps allows a user to identify risk to plants and take action before caterpillar feeding symptoms appear on the plants.
When is best to use?
The problem: The Box tree moth (Cydalima perspectalis) is a devastating pest of box plants (Boxus spp.). Caterpillar feeding on the leaves can result in complete defoliation and die back of the plant. Additionally, the white webbing ‘tents’ created by the caterpillars whilst feeding ruin the aesthetics of these ornamental plants.
The product: Trapping adult moths alerts users to the presence of the pest and determine if further control action is required.
- Pheromones are specific to Box tree moth (Cydalima perspectalis) therefore no beneficial insects or pollinating bees are attracted to the trap
- Does not contain chemical pesticides
How to use: The trap should be used when adult moths are expected to be active (April to October) and setup in an area where susceptible plants are growing.
- Instructions on how to use a box tree moth trap will vary slightly depending on model. This pheromone lure can be used with any box tree moth trap which has a basket for holding pheromone lures in its lid.
- Follow box tree moth trap instructions and place pheromone lure in basket in trap lid.
- The pheromone lure should be replaced every 6 weeks.
|Store||Store in cool dry place, out of direct sunlight.|
|Shelf life||Pheromone lures should be used within 18 months of purchase.|
|Use||April - October when adult moths are flying.|
|Important information||Wear gloves when handling pheromone.The pheromone lure should be placed in the basket built into the lid of the trap, not within the clear base of the trap. Only use in traps previously used to catch box tree moth.|
|Active substance and content||Pheromone lures contain box tree moth pheromone.|
Packaging size: 14 x 14 x 17 cm.
Natural female box moth pheromone attracts the male moths. Use the power of biology instead of pesticides.
Only attracts box moth, keeping bees and butterflies safe in your garden.
about the product