MightyNem – Chafer Grub Killer contains the beneficial nematode Heterorhabditis bacteriophora which infects and kills turf chafer grubs (e.g. Phyllopertha horticola).
When is it best to use?
How to use:
MightyNems come as a water dispersible powder in a small plastic sachet. The aim is to mix them in water and then apply evenly over the grass area.
- Upon delivery keep in a fridge (4'C) until use, do not freezer. Use before expiry date shown on the pack.
- Open the pack and mix the nematodes into a bucket of water.
- Add one third of the bucket contents to the sprayer or watering can to be used for application. Fill with water.
- Keeping the equipment adjitated throughout application to prevent the nematodes settling. Apply the contents onto one third of the grass to be treated.
- Additional water can be applied to the treated area after the MightyNems have been used to ensure the top layer of soil is moist and nematodes are washed through the grass thatch layer.
- The grass and top soil surface should be kept moist for two weeks after application to help the nematodes to remain active as they hunt the chafer beetle larvae.
- The 1st and 2nd instar stages of the chafer beetle lifecycle are the most susceptible to nematode infection. These are present from the middle of July until the end of September (typically 6 to 8 weeks after the adults have been flying) which is the best time to use the product.
MightyNem Chafer Grub Killer should be used at a rate of 500,000 nematodes per square meter.
|Store||4'C, do not freeze. Use before expiry date shown on pack.|
|Shelf life||See pack. Fresh is best!|
Controls chafer beetle larvae.
|Active substance and content|
about the product